Tuesday, November 25, 2008

So Blessed

Life has been crazy for the past few weeks. I don't have time to go in to all the details tonight, but I will soon, probably tomorrow night. However, here is a very brief overview of some of the highlights of the past few weeks.

1. Just after halloween, I came down with viral pnemonia. It knocked me off my feet for more than a week and after that, I could still barely get through a day. Finally, after two weeks and some serious meds, I was somewhat human again, only to be slammed by down by "one of the nastiest cases of strep throat" Dr. Smith has ever seen. Yee haw. Again, a few weeks of serious meds and accomplishing pretty much nothing, and now here I am. Still feeling not quite human, but almost there!

2. The second Sunday in November, we did a tradeshow in Calgary. Got really positive responses and 7 stores that want to carry the GoBelt! Woo Hoo! Our website will be up and running (sans pictures) by the end of the week (thanks to Keshia!!) and the pictures will be there soon! Speaking of pictures, had a photo shoot on the 14th and I'm so excited to see the product shots Rebecca came up with!

3. The 16th of November was our primary presentation. The kids did AMAZING!! They actually sang! Whoo hoo!! Such an answer to prayers! My kiddos don't usually sing all that loudly. Another prayer was answered that day too!! As you read before, I have been sick sick sick. Well, being sick and singing are two things that don't go very well together! My kids sing SO much better when I sing, so I knew I had to sing for them. I said a prayer that morning that I would be able to sing for them. Sure enough, I was able to make it through the presentation singing as good as ever. Of course, Heavenly Father has a sense of humor. During "We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet" we had the congregation sing the 2nd and 3rd verses. As soon as I turned around to lead them, no voice. Seriously, nothing at all. I just mouthed the words. By the next song, I was just fine.

4. As any of you who have known me well for a while can attest to, James has had a bit of a difficult time deciding what he wants to be when he grows up! Literally, before he went up north, he worked at well over 20 jobs in a year and a half. So, he took some time and went up north while he figured things out. Then he came home and started his plumbing job at DMT. He just handed in his apprenticeship papers last week. Woo Hoo right? Um, no. Friday morning, James goes to work, I get up, get going with my day and just before I'm about to head in to town for work, in walks James. Work was too slow and he got laid off. Talk about crappy. Seriously, flashes of the first year and a half of our marriage and the job hopping came crashing down on me. Not a happy thing. But, I held it together and said, "Well, go print off some resumes and you can drop me off at work then take some around." Not too long after that, I called James to ask him to pick me up some lunch and he told me he got a job at K & B. They're going to transfer his apprenticeship. It was the first place he took a resume. Talk about blessings.

Anywho, my quick overview has ended being not so quick. Oh well, now its done!! Off to work on my homework!!

3 comments:

KellyLady said...

Um, wow. So glad that things worked out for James' job and that you are starting to feel human again! Any luck on finding a new place to live?

Anonymous said...

Wow... I am so glad that James found a job so quickly and that the primary presentation went well. I can't wait to see the pictures :) Hugs!

whitney said...

Crazy life you have! Congrats on the trade show! You are so talented, it is only a matter of time before your business takes off. Hope you get feeling better soon! I need to come buy some of your material sometime, you know, just so you can get closer to another order!
Check out my blog in the next few days, I will hopefully have my quilt give away up.