Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm Baaaaack...

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that my blogging was sparse over the past few months (ok, I know its sparse at best usually, but the past few months have been sparser, more sparse, whatever!). If I were to be truthful (and since I'm using this blog as a form of journaling, lies really shouldn't be told here!) I have been less than cheerful the past few months. I've been slightly more than a Negative Nelly. I know they say misery loves company, but that's not the way I like things! I didn't want to spread my negativity to others, so I just ignored everyone!! Anywho, I can't guarantee I won't have negative moments, because I'm still pretty grumpy, but I'm getting there!

To briefly (hopefully) summarize the past few months, I found out I was unexpectedly pregnant (that's a whole other post), freaked out for a while (umm, I may still be freaking out!), began puking my brains out on a all too regular basis, kind of didn't care about Christmas until the week before (fortunately I have an amazing husband who had most things together from our black Friday shopping trip!), survived Christmas and New Years (with much help from my family and friends!) and now have the flu/cold/still pregnancy puking my guts out and nausea! I've accomplished only 1/110 of what I hoped to over the Christmas break, was too busy puking/sleeping/trying not to puke to remember to take any pictures (yep, I'm a horrible mother!) and now I'm trying to get ready for the craziness of January.

On a positive note (I told you I couldn't guarantee it would all be positive!), I got spoiled rotten this Christmas. Seriously, I got an ereader, a cricut expressions and an ipod, to name a few of the many things I got! I love watching how excited TJ got for Christmas this year and am really looking forward to next year when I'll be feeling up to participating fully in festivities! I've also had the opportunity to do some serious soul searching while I've been cooped up in my cocoon of misery. I've been able to look at some things that I didn't initially see as positive and get a different perspective on them. I've also been able to pinpoint a few of the things I really want to improve in myself and my family. I am greatful for that opportunity, although it would have been nice if it was shorter and with less puking! Oh well, guess you can't have everything!

2 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And give yourself a break! I think as long as you survive pregnancy you did great :) )

KellyLady said...

Congrats again. Sorry you feel so yucky! And I agree with Rhonda.... surviving pregnancy, especially number 3, is a huge accomplishment!