Saturday, June 7, 2008

Mayhem

Ok, so I know in my last post, I said I would post some pics of the layouts I did. Unfortunately, Grandma didn't take pictures of them and they traveled to Okotoks, so I have no pictures. I will get some though, and post them when I do.

The past few weeks have been mayhem. That really is the best (and possibly only) way to describe my life lately. Of course, because I was REALLY busy, everything went wrong. (Ok, maybe not everything, but it sure seemed like it! Definitely some major things!)

To begin with, I have been working on finishing the order for Anna Banana. I didn't realize just how long that much stuff would take. Thank heavens Amelia & Kirsty are SO extremely understanding while I work out all the new-business kinks. (I'm sure by now, they are about ready to beat me up!) I was doing pretty well, sewing along, when suddenly, much to my surprise, a long piece of black rubber came flying off my sewing machine and hit me in the face. I screamed. Yes, screamed like a little girl. Fortunately, I was the only home at the time, so no one witnessed my embarrassment. (And now I choose to share it publicly here. Hmmm, doesn't make much sense, does it?!) This was on Wednesday the 28th. Of course, no one in Lethbridge carries the parts for my machine because its not a domestic (regular) machine. So, I had to take it to Calgary to get it fixed. Luckily, I was going to pick James up the next day, so I took it up there and dropped it off with the guy Friday morning.

James and I had made plans to stay in Calgary overnight because we needed some us time. I tried to cancel it on him so I could finish the order, but then my machine broke. (Yes, I got the hint.) We stayed at a hotel overnight and then spent the day shopping and scouting stores to carry my line of bags. Then, we met with Tim and Maureen for dinner and had a great time with them.

The week James is home is always ridiculously busy and this one was no exception. Any moment we didn`t have planned, I was sewing. James was so great about doing the things that I hadn`t been able to do (like clean!) and hardly complained at all. We spent the week meeting up with friends and family, going mini golfing, watching the new Indiana Jones flick, and looking at showhomes. It was a very busy, but very fun week.

I didn`t go with them to take him to catch the plane on Thursday so that I could get more sewing done. And I pretty much haven`t stopped sewing since. Except for the hour I met up with Kelly and Candice and we took the kids to the park. So much fun to see great friends! I`m so lucky! Literally, I spent 18 hours today sewing. Its a good thing I love it. I`ve got the order almost finished, just a few more finishing touches and then it will be ready to drop off on Monday.

Which leads me to one of the most exciting and nerve racking things going on right now. On Monday, we have a meeting with an investor who is most likely going to invest in my business. Keep your fingers crossed and pray really hard that it goes through. I`ve been squeezing in prepping for the meeting when I`m not sewing and I think I`m ready.

So that is the mayhem that is my life lately. I don`t really have any pictures. If I did, they would probably be of me sitting in the dining room (which has now become my sewing room) hunched over my machine, so just imagine that!

2 comments:

KellyLady said...

I've got everything crosses...but by the time I read this your meeting had already happened. I want to hear as soon as you know the result!

TinaLaRae said...

Best of luck to you girl! I'm sooo ecited for you!