Friday, February 13, 2009

Pork Chops for All!


As you read in my last post, we have been desperately searching for a place of our own. Good news!! We found one!! We move in March 1st, so we are busy packing and getting ready for the big day. Our new home has five bedrooms, so I have a room for all my sewing stuff and future kiddos when they come! Everything really fell into place and we couldn't be happier.
The funny thing is that we have almost nothing for our house. Don't get me wrong, we have tons of plates and small appliances and the like, but in other area's we are sadly lacking. We have a couch and our bed. Thats it. Even TJ's crib is not really ours. And as far as food goes, we just combined our food supplies with Mom and Dad when we moved in two years ago, so we have NOTHING for food. Not even the basics. So, James and I were out getting a few groceries for Mom's birthday dinner tonight and we found a really great sale on some meat. So we grabbed some pork chops, steak and chicken to keep in the freezer until we move. Because James hasn't gone back to work yet, money is pretty short, so as we were leaving Safeway, I said to James, "Happy Valentines Day! We spent our gift money on meat!"


James still hasn't got called to go back to work, so he has been putting out resumes all over the place. He had a couple of interviews this week and he thinks they went pretty well. We'll find out soon! Keep your fingers crossed for us!


TJ is getting his two year molars, so he is not the happiest of campers. He isn't sleeping very well because of it, which means James and I aren't sleeping that well either! Oh well, thats the price you pay for having little munchkins!!


Other than that, not too much is happening around here, (and I'm ok with that because I've got a lot on my plate already!).


Happy Valentines Day! Hope you get something better than pork chops!

5 comments:

DeAnna said...

Yay you got a house, so happy for you guys!! Good luck to your hubby with the job hunt!

Christal said...

Tisha I'm so excited for you getting a house but my kids will be so sad not to have you in primary! Lauren loves you!! ANd you do such a great job you really do! Good luck with everything too! I would have had a bunch of furniture for you but my sister is getting married and asked if she could have it but if things change I'll call you first!!

Camille said...

Nope, I didn't. I got nothing. Actually, I would even like pork chops. I hate buying meat because it's so expensive.

DeaVa said...

Well, as you know, I got a "love note" in the herald from Robert (yuck, seriously, yuck! :P ) I would MUCH rather have had some pork chops with mushroom soup gravey, maybe some rice and veggies.....yummy..... oh sorry, I think I drooled a little. hehehe.

This is almost a week later so I hope things are still ok with getting the house.....fingers and eyes crossed for you.....huh, maybe that's why I'm dizzy .... LOL!

LindsayB said...

i think pork chops sound great! and so happy for you guys finding a place, yipee!