Monday, March 8, 2010

15 Minute Makeover

My cousins little girl turned 7 (or maybe 8? I'm so not good at this remebering thing anymore!) this past weekend and TJ got to go to her party. I asked James to pick up a gift bag on his way home from work in the morning, but I guess he didn't hear me when I said I was going to give her a few hair bows. He brought home a bag that was big. Like, minimum of 12" long and 9" high big. WAY too bigh for a few hair bows. Unfortunately, I didn't know this until about 20 minutes before the party started and I went to get the bag out! I scrambled trying to think of what else I could give her, but had nothing on hand. Then I remembered that I had emptied a can of formula that morning.



So after a little two sided tape... (you can actually see part of the cute gift bag in the background!)

Some cutting out of flowers, rolling to add dimension

Adding some inked paper flowers and brads..

And hot gluing on some ribbon then the flowers...And voila, one pretty bow holder, done in less than 15 minutes!

6 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

suuuuuuppppppper cute!!!!!!

Camille said...

What the heck? That looks amazing.

Oh, you know, it's no big deal, I just always bust out boutique-quality doodads made of random stuff that nobody would ever think to use otherwise twenty minutes before they're needed, and they look perfect, and adorable to boot.

I'm impressed. : )

Camille said...

That comment maybe didn't sound complimentary, but it was meant to be.

Lisha said...

you're so creative, Tisha! I wouldn't ever think to do something like that ... and here I thought I had a creative streak in me somewhere =)

LindsayB said...

ummmm, cutest ever! i'm very happy for people and their crafty abilities because i don't have any!

Amy said...

SO cute Tisha!!