Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wildly flailing in an attempt to stay standing... maybe..

Oh, where do I start. I know I haven't blogged about anything real in ages, but quite honestly, most of what has been happening over the past month or two is just too personal to put all the gory details on the internet. Lets just say it has been an extremely difficult few weeks and I've been feeling like I'm going to crack. However, things are (hopefully) going to be sorted out at least somewhat soon, I think. Hows that for ambiguous! Anywho, I've decided that its time to focus more on the things I have control of and forget/push aside and ignore the rest! So, here is my question. How do you other mommies out there do it? How do you find balance between improving yourself, being an involved mom, loving wife and working? See, I'm trying to balance all of the following...

1. a 2 year old thats potty training
2. a 6 week old who will only sleep when he's being held and is only happy for about 5 minutes when hes not being held. Seriously, this is not an exaggeration. I've timed it. Repeatedly.
3. teaching my 2 year old counting, abcs, manners, ect
4. a husband who is working full time, going to school part time and trying my patience much of the time. (Let me insert that I am super in love with James, he just doesn't handle the baby phase very well, so its getting a little tiresome!)
5. being a wife to said husband
6. baseball season. No, I don't play but I'm a baseball widow and its already starting. Ump training every other week, meetings, ect.
7. alterations season. I NEED the extra money, but I've got to figure out where I'm going to put all the dresses (somewhere safe) and how I'm going to get my baby to be happy for longer than five minutes, because if I can only sew when hes sleeping, I'm never going to sleep. I'm just going to sew instead of sleep. Which really won't be good.
8. trying to be more involved/play with my kiddo. This is something I'm not really good at for some reason. I've got TONS of ideas of fun things to do, but TJ doesn't like any of them. Or at least he didn't when I tried stuff before. SO I gave up and now hes seeming like he'll be interested, but I'm not sure how to "fit it in". Holy crap, don't I sound like a bad mom!
9. I've been lacking in spiritual drive lately and I'm positive its because I'm pretty wishy washy on studying my scriptures. So, I'm determined to be more dilligent. Again, the issue is time.
10. Losing weight. I've been doing really good at eating right (most days) but exercise is not happening. I LOVE going to the gym, but I don't have the money for a pass or the time to go. So, I'm trying to do stuff at home. I hate it and I'm not really dedicated because I'm not looking forward to it. Crappy. (As a side note, I would like to point out that I am already below my pre-pregnancy weight! Yep, you read that right! I'm not going to give you numbers right now because thats a whole other post, but whatever!)
11. Figuring out some sort of marketing plan for Yummy Mummy. This sounds simple, but the budget is very limited and I have no background in marketing. Sewing, no problem. Marketin, big problem!
12. All the other crap happening in my life!

This, of course, is an abbreviated list! I'm sure your lists are the same, so please, share your secrets with me! How do you do it? Any tricks?

And just because I've posted too many posts without pics, here are a few Rhonda took for us!

3 comments:

KellyLady said...

ummm, yeah. As I read your list I could say ditto to a lot of things and others are a close match! My best strategy has been morning prayer, a blessing and turning to friends. It doesn't mean I haven't had meltdowns...quite a few lately...but I am seeing the blessings in my life and hope to continue. And you just keep going. Love you!

LindsayB said...

i concur with so so many of those. life can be so hard and overwhelming. but i know you have it in you to be great. i sometimes think of you and remember back to when we were like 10 years old and we used to get together after church and read our scriptures. i thought you were so faithful! and you still are.

Just Rhonda said...

oh man that does sound over whelming!!!! Can I help with the marketing?? I took that in school. Send me an email with what you WANT to accomplish with it and let me think about it and give you some ideas of where to go with it all!
(And I am HORRIBLE with playing with my kids. I want them to go play so I can DO Things. It's totally true. And I think it is more mom's that you realize or at least I try to tell myself that. hahahahahaha)
Put the Lord first and somehow He will help you figure out the rest!