Thursday, May 6, 2010

Like Mike



Lately, our little 3 year old has decided he doesn't like anything that is not a berry, bread, cucumber, carrot, celery or fish. So, we've had more than a few mealtime meltdowns lately! My little 3 year old also LOVES to read stories and this is one of his "faytit" books.

In fact, we read it almost daily. One day, after a particularly horrific meltdown about eating something (I can't think of what it was) we were reading this great book. And my little man, who has to know everything about everything, asked me what this guys name is...

Now, I am an avid Dr Seuss fan, but I don't mind telling you have I no idea who the guy is! I asked said 3 year old what his name should be and he decided (after several suggestions) that it was Mike. Partway through the story, it dawned on me! "Mike" tried something he thought he wouldn't like and ended up liking it! A ha! So, at dinner that night, I told TJ he neede to be like "Mike" and try his veggies (which consisted of cauliflower, green bean, purple cabbage, green peppers and onions). For every veggie I reminded him and then he ate! The only one he didn't like after trying it was the cabbage. It was fantastic! So, every meal since then, TJ has said, "Mommy, I be like Mike!"

4 comments:

Lisha said...

That's so cute!

MoxleyH said...

Good for you Tisha... Talk about postive parenting! I also think his name is Mike.

KellyLady said...

ooohhh....you are definitely a super mom! I can see your cape and tights from here! Tee Hee Hee

DeaVa said...

Any time you start feeling like your not a good mom,Tisha, just look back at this post and a few others like the 'sous fairy', and the big boy party....they should remind you that, not only are you a good mom, but that you are an EXCELLENT, creative, and innovative mom! You are doing an awesome job and I'm very proud of you....hmmmm, I think I see your cape and tights as well....hehehe.