Sunday, March 20, 2011

Green & Pink

This year, we kept things pretty simple for St. Patty's Day. I usually love to have things all decorated, have a bunch of kiddos & moms over for a green lunch and go all out, but not this year! Too much going on already and no house to do it in. However, TJ did get to make his very first leprechan trap. I know a lot of moms hate the things, but it was the first time in a long time that TJ and I got to spend some special time together. (More on that in an upcoming post!) TJ loved it! Sometimes, he's not really in the mood to be crafty, but on Wednesday, he was in a super crafty mood!

Here he is just as we started...

Very intently glitter-gluing his box!

Proudly showing off his finished product. (I asked him to say cheese, and his leprechan "track" was saying cheese!)

The next morning, he saw a trail leading from the window to his trap and he was SO excited! Sadly, no leprechan, but he did score a couple of treats!*SIDENOTE: Does your kid have an article of clothing he/she won't take off? TJ LIVES in those superman jammies. To the point that I've had to cut off the feet b/c they were so worn out! He'll wear them under clothes or over them. We've even had to go into his room while he's sleeping to take them off because they were SO stinky!!*

St. Patty's Day was a lucky day for us in an completely non-green way as well. We had our checkup with the OB/GYN and we actually got to see him! He was called away the last 3 times I had an appointment! Not only did we get to see him, but we got to find out if we were having a boy or girl. No matter how much I said I'd be excited to have a boy, I was REALLY hoping for a girl this time! And, I'm happy to say, my wish was granted! I FINALLY get to think pink and ruffles and frou frou!! Yay!

1 comments:

Lisha said...

Yay! I'm so excited you're having a girl!