Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blessing or a Curse?

You may or may not know this about me, but I LOVE to read. I love reading pretty much anything, from autobiographies and how-to's to historical novels, even the occasional slightly trashy romance novel. (Nothing too trashy, just an easy, mushy read!) Although I love to read, I don't buy many books and here's why.

1. I'm cheap/poor and books are expensive!
2. I have nowhere to keep the books and I hate dusting! In order for me to keep a book, it has to be something I LOVE and will read repeatedly or a book I'll use over and over, like a reference book.

So, knowing this, my Dad was super awesome enough to buy me one of these for Christmas...


Its a Kobo e-reader and I love mine! There's only one problem. When I read a book, I get REALLY into it! Often, I can't put them down, even if its not an amazing book! I just kind of lose track of time. And then I ignore my life and its just no good!

This problem didn't occur nearly as often when I had to drive into the library in Lethbridge (the Raymond one doesn't have great selection!). Now, however, its happening too frequently! In the last week, I've read Pride & Prejudice, a mystery by Agatha Christie & a trashy romance. My house is still relatively clean and my kids are getting fed, but not too much more is happening! Granted, I was really sick this past week, so I wouldn't have done much else anyway, but really!

0 comments: