Monday, April 2, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

{1} We took a day trip to Calgary yesterday.  Mostly it was to take Jess to pick up her new car, but the upside was we got to see James!  The kids were thrilled to see him and so was I.  We went for a quick dinner and that was about all the time we had.

{2} Speaking of James, he is really enjoying his training.  We got some good news and some not so great news and now we get to decide what to do with it!  Wish us luck!

{3} I love this place.  I need to go there.  Soon.


{4} I wish I could go to this place soon. 

{5} Or this place. Sadly, neither one is an option any time soon!

{6} On our road trips (which we take LOTS of) we play games.  One of TJ's favorites is the animal game.  You ask yes and no questions and try to guess what animal someone is thinking of. Its quite fun.  Except I'm no great animal afficianodo, so I usually have to ask James if my answer should be yes or no!

{7} I used to look forward to holidays.  They always meant seeing all my aunts, uncles and cousins.  Then things happened and now I just dread them.  Blah.

{8} I am, however, super excited for our annual Easter Egg Hunt.  I know Easter is not about candy.  I think its of utmost importance that kids know that Christmas and Easter are not about the presents and the parties, but about the Savior.  I also don't think that its wrong to have fun too!  I love any reason to throw a party and, even more important, to get together with friends.  And it helps remind me that holiday gatherings can be normal and fun.

{9} Myles makes me laugh daily.  He is such a card.  I just pulled out the next size clothes for him and he found a shirt that has the Batman symbol on it.  He insisted on wearing it today.  When Papa came into the room Myles started pointing at his chest going "Bama, Bama". Papa said "What a nice new batman shirt" and Myles put his arm in the air a la Superman and started running around shouting "Bama"  It was awesome.



{10} I think I ate at least double my allowed calories yesterday.  It felt gross.  But I had to rush the dog to the vet in the morning (not to go into gory details, but lets just say there was literally a bloody mess to clean up on the floor).  I knew we were going to Calgary, so I had to hurry.  I grabbed a breakfast sandwich from my Mom at Tim's (it was free). Lunch was again on the go (and equally as gross as breakfast) and that shot my calories for the day.  Dinner, however, was delicious and completely worth every calorie!

1 comments:

KellyLady said...

love the batman story!