Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holiday Frivolity

Ok, so I know haven't posted a whole lot this month, but really, you didn't want to read what I would have written. Ok, it wouldn't have been that bad, but I have been ridiculously busy, so it would have been really quick! Here, then, for your reading/viewing pleasure, is some of what I've been up to this holiday season!!


We went to the town's Old Fashioned Christmas where we....
...won stuff at the fishing pond...
...painted our faces
...decorated some cookies
...walked down the street for some hot chocolate and doughnuts...
...and saw Santa (we met up with TJ's best friend from church, Cayden)...


We had lots of fun. The only not so great part was when the balloon lady gave TJ a purple hat with a pink bow. Not so macho. Hmmm....
Later in the month, I had my staff Christmas party. Its always formal, which is super fun. I LOVE getting dressed up. While I was in Great Falls for black Friday, I found this AWESOME fabric at Joannes which I LOVE! It totally inspired me and I got it to make a gown for the party and here it is...

And these are the lovely ladies I get to work with!

We decorated a Gingerbread House. Ok, I did the icing and TJ, with minimal help from James, put on all the candy. TJ really has a mind of his own, wish there was something I could do about that....

and here is the finished product...

We went to our ward Christmas party. I didn't take any pictures while we were there, but here is TJ just as we were about to leave!

We did some baking...
some nuts and bolts (courtesy of James)
...some chocolates (waiting to be dipped)...

...some peanut brittle...

...and an army of gingerbread men (and ladies)...
We spent Christmas Eve with James' family...

We got some pjs Christmas Eve which we wore while opening presents at our place Christmas morning. James was such a sport to wear the pants I made. He really isn't much of a pj kind of guy!

TJ wore his toolbelt forever and was too busy hammering everything in site to really focus on opening presents for a while...

We went to Manda and Tem's in the evening on Christmas Day to open some more presents and play games, where TJ got his big present from Grandma and Grandpa Thornhill...

I'm not sure who was more excited, James or TJ. So fun!! And here is TJ wearing his new robe I made for him and the great slippers Cheryl made for him. So cute! I love them!

2 comments:

DeaVa said...

Excellent run down, and I think the gingerbread house looked great! You'd never know it was decorated by someone who isn't even 2 yet. Oh, and the thing about getting him not to have a mind of his own....not a you-know-what's chance you-know-where. We tried that with YOU (and all the other kids for that matter) and it never worked.... just as well, look how great you turned out! Thanx for an AWESOME Christmas and an extremely fun day shopping with you and Manda on boxing day.

LUV U!!

Cheryl said...

Yay I get to see the whole dress...you did an awesome job. I must say you look absolutely stunning. Wow when you bake you really bake. WHoa, I made 2 batches of cookies and I was tuckered out. Nice work.