Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Ah Ha Moment

Our laptop with all our pics is in the shop (after 4 months of me saying "James, you computer is messed up, PLEASE take it to get fixed", and him ignoring me because he never had the same problem, it finally shut down without warning on him, so it went to the shop the next day! ;) ) so I have no pictures. But I want to keep up with my goal to be better at blogging more regularly. I had an ah ha moment in Relief Society today and thought I'd share it. Lately (like the past year or so!) I've been really missing my life in Utah. I just felt happier and more fulfilled there. I've thought it was becuase I was more involved in things that I loved like theatre and school. But the truth is I love being a Mom more than either of those things, so I should be happier now, right? Honestly my days are no longer or busier than they were when I was in school, they're just filled with different things. Equally busy, just different. So its not that thats making me feel less fulfilled. During RS we were talking about studying the scriptures and how it makes us feel and I thought "Duh, when I was at school I was reading the scriptures ALL the time." I had to for class and that led me to want to in my own time. Since I got back to Alberta, I haven't been good about reading my scriptures at all. Funny how the answer can be so simple, but I'm so thickheaded it takes me oh... about 7 years to figure it out!

1 comments:

KellyLady said...

amen. Great post!