Sunday, April 18, 2010

Three

My little man turned three this week and I've gotta say, I pretty much love him to pieces! There are days that I think he might not make it to the next day, let alone his next birthday, but when hes not being a holy terror, I adore him! I mean, really, how could you not! Just look at him.





Birthday's in our house tend to be a bit of an affair! On Monday, we had a family dinner at Manda's (our kitchen has been torn apart for a few weeks, but thats a whole other post!). Tuesday was his actual birthday, but we couldn't do the dinner on that day becasue I teach piano lessons. After I was done teaching on Tuesday, we decided to take him into a movie. We actually were going to take him bowling or mini golfing, but bowling was all booked forleague bowling and as soon as we got to the Movie Mill to go mini golfing, he changed his mind and was determined to see a movie! We had his party with a few friends on Saturday and it was a blast!



Lately, he has been huge into maps and pirates. So, we had a pirate party! The kids all got to decorate a foam pirate hat and then got swords and eyepatches. I know, you're saying "What! She gave a group of kids swords! What a stupid woman!" But the kids were actually really great with them! We didn't have a single problem with anyone hitting anyone else or anything like that.








It took about 14 shots to get this picture, but here we all are giving our best pirate "Arrr"!



After they were all decked out in their pirate gear, we went on a treasure hunt. We went across the "lake" in front of our house, around the park and the baseball diamond, back across the lake and found the treasure under the tree in our backyard. The treasure chest was full of stuff for lunch!
TJ carried our map and led the way!


After lunch, we opened presents and had cake! And, I have to say I have pretty awesome sisters. Due to our kitchen being torn apart, I asked my one sister if she could pick up a cake on the way out. When she showed up, they had both gotten together the night before and made an amaing cake which the kids LOVED!


After cake, we went on another treasure hunt where the kids found their treat boxes (that looked like mini treasure chests. I forgot to take a picutres of those!) Then we watched the Princess and the Frog until their parents came to get them! Overall, it was a huge success!
My three favorite things about TJ right now
1. How sensitive he is. He is always concerned about how everyone is feeling.
2. His crazy imagination. As I type this, he is sitting on Papa's lap singing "Row Row Row Your Boat" looking for animals, monsters, whatever he decides to find!
3. How much he loves Myles. He was so upest that I didn't get Myles any pirate gear for the party. So he shared his.


How lucky am I!

3 comments:

KellyLady said...

love the cake! And three is a whole new adventure! And what the heck is going on with your kitchen?

Lisha said...

I love how creative you are, Tisha! Hopefully I'll be half as creative when Paxton starts having parties!

MoxleyH said...

Great party Tisha! TJ just looks so sweet, how can he be a terror?? HA HA What a fun time!