Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sweet Is the Peace the Gospel Brings

This song has been playing in mind all week. My Grandma is dying. She was diagnosed with brain cancer a few weeks ago, went for radiation treatment and seemed to be ok. Tired, but ok. The past week, though, is a whole other story. I saw her last Saturday and she seemed ok, but not as with it as she had been previously. On Tuesday, I was told that they'd moved Grandma to the Raymond hospital and they didn't think she would make it through the end of September. Wednesday night, I was doing an Uppercase Living show for my sister when we got a call saying that Grandma was worse and we needed to get home soon. She's still here, but just barely. I'm sad that she is dying. Just thinking about not seeing her or being able to scrapbook with her makes me miserable. But, I know that this is not the end. And I know that she will be in a better place. She'll be reunited with Grandpa and many others of her family who has gone before her. As sad as I am, I still feel peaceful. For that, I am so very grateful.

1 comments:

DeAnna said...

~Hugs~ Hope everything gets a little brighter for you guys and quick!