Sunday, February 6, 2011

First

Ok, so I've been trying to figure out photoshop for over a month now and still can't get it, so I'm temporarily giving up and you just get to deal with my crappy pictures! Myles had his first birthday last month and we had some family for a little party. Due to renos, our house was not anywhere near ready to hold that many people, so we used the church. It was lots of fun. He got spoiled, of course! The only bad part was that I made Cafe Rio pork salad for dinner, but found out about 2 hours before the party that the roaster I was cooking everything in wasn't working. Awesome, right? So, we ended up eating quite a bit later than anticpated, but everyone was really great about it (even if I did have a bit of a breakdown in the kitchen!). So here are the pics. Enjoy (at least as much as you can with my poor photography skills and even worse photoshop skills!)
The invitations.



The tables all set up. (I have a pretty big family!)

A close up of the tables.




The banner.





The cups.



The centerpieces.





I made crayons for the kids treat bags. The first batch, I was trying to do shapes with cookie cutters and tinfoil, but it was not a great success! So second batch I went with mini muffin tins!






The cupcakes.

Myles eating his cake! He was actually really funny. He was really dainty and hardly got dirty at all, which is very un-Myles!
Well, there you go. Finally.
As a side note, has anyone had problems with blogger not letting you move photos around. I click on the picture to move and try to drag it down and the screen won't scroll. VERY frustrating and time consuming!!





4 comments:

Camille said...

What I am about to tell you will change your life:

Just right click on the photo and select "cut," then paste it wherever you want it!

Cute party; I've been wanting to try making rainbow cupcakes but have nowhere to take 'em. Glad you did!

Lisha said...

I am going to tell you once again: you are so creative and it makes me soooo jealous! I was proud of myself for baking a cake for Paxton (and it was a strawberry short cake so there was no icing or decorating it) and some black bottom cupcakes! There were no fancy crayons/banners/cups/etc.
I love how it just seems so effortless for you, even though I'm sure you did actually put effort into the whole shindig. I wish I had your talent, Tisha!
(and my photo shop skills aren't that great either)

TinaLaRae said...

You are so creative! I love everything you did and may end up stealing every ounce of this creativeness come Strans 2nd birthday! lol I have had probs with moving pics and I have found that doing what camille describes works better.

LindsayB said...

what a fun party! love it all. very cute and ambitious i might add! i never knew there was any other way except the way camille described it!