Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Going Backwards

Ok, so I thought that babies were supposed to sleep better as they got older. So why is it that my 4 1/2 month old, who has slept through the night since he was 5 weeks old and has had a very definite nap schedule, has barely slept a wink in the past week. Consequently, I'm sitting here at 4:30 in the morning waiting to see if he'll actually stay asleep this time for longer than 20 minutes. Needless to say, I'm very frustrated and less than perky. I knew the whole "best behaved baby ever" thing was too good to be true. My good little boy who used to only cry minimally when he was hungry is now crying what I have affectionately dubbed "the scream that never ends." He is so tired that he just can't be happy for longer than 15 minutes. Argh. I have no clue what has happened. I have checked for teeth (nothing), constipation (nothing), fever (nothing), uncomfortable clothes (nothing). I am considering taking him to the doctor, but for all intents and purposes he seems to be a healthy baby and I don't want to be one of those moms who runs to the doc every time her kid has a runny nose! Ok, well enough of that. In this state of mind, I'm liable to say something that may not be entirely true. I haven't posted some pics in quite a while and have had several requests to do so. So, here goes, lets all keep our fingers crossed that my computer co-operates.



He loves these keys. Actually, he loves anything he can put in his mouth!

His four month pic.

The reason I'm happy even when its 4:30 in the morning and he's screaming.

He took this pickle right out of Mom's hand the other day and chewed on it forever! He became VERY irate when I took it away.

Ok, well its just after 5 now so I think I'm safe. I'll post some more pics later today when its not so taxing on my brain!! Sleep, here I come!

0 comments: