Sunday, July 27, 2008

Summer Fun

It has been a busy summer at the Gilbert house!! So, I don't think I mentioned it before, but many of you know that we had a little house fire at the end of June! Fortunately, nothing as major as a family a few blocks away a week later, but it was still a big enough fire to cause some pretty sever damage in the living room and to totally disrupt out lives for the past month! Almost all of my fabric had to be sent for cleaning, the living room floor was burnt, including the carpet that was on it, the blanket that was used to smother the fire and there was smoke damage like crazy through the whole house. We had to leave for a few days just at the end of the June and our house hasn't been put back the same since! We still haven't got everything back from the cleaning company, there are still things that have to be taken to be cleaned and things that are waiting for stuff to come back before everything can be put away! Talk about topsy turvy! Also at the end of June, my cuz got married! It was great fun. For more pics, check out our family blog. In July, we went to Chinook Lake, one of our favorite camping sites! We have gone there almost every year. We usually go for Thunder in the Valley and this year was no exception! I didn't take any pictures of the acutal fireworks because I have about a zillion from the past few years. I did, however, take a zillion pictures of TJ camping! Let me just say that camping with a 3 month old is SO MUCH easier than camping with a 15 month old. I need to go on a vaction to rest from my last one!

TJ using Uncle Terry as a resting place!
All tuckered out from so much exploring!
Me swimming across the lake with Tara. (This is as close a picture as will be taken of me in a swimsuit, so enjoy!!)
TJ playing on the beach.
TJ swimming with Daddy. He LOVED the water as soon as he got used to the cold.

TJ and Uncle Tem!
Chillin on the steps.
PRETENDING to take a nap in the basket of his stroller.
Tara took this picture while TJ was sitting on her lap. I love how her shirt was covered except for the "me". Completely unintentional!!



Chillin' by the fire.
TJ's favorite place: where he gets food!
Camping, of course, means junk food and dirty faces!
Look Mom! An acorn (which he proceeded to try and eat!)
MMMM. Ice cream!!! Believe it or not, TJ's ice cream is a kids cone and James' is a single!! Crazy, huh!

After camping, we got home and our living was taped off and said "Wet Paint" They we supposed to seal the floor while we were gone, and they didn't get to it until the Saturday before we got back, so it was still sticky and we couldn't go home! So, we packed back in the car and headed to a hotel in Lethbridge for the night. Tuesday was spent wasting time until we could get back into the house. Finally, we went home. Wednesday and Thursday were full of appointments and Friday we had to take our truck in to get fixed, so my week was shot! I was banking on Monday and Tuesday. Sometimes, life just doesn't go your way! So now, I've got lots to catch up on and even more busy times ahead. Thats ok, though, keeps me out of trouble!!
On Friday, while we were waiting for our car, we went golfing with BIL Trevor and his wife Cheri. I have never been golfing before and was quite shocked to learn that it is actually kind of fun! Who knew! Now James and I have decided to take golf lessons together. Not to become pros, but just so we can actually have some intrests we share. I'm kind of excited!
Hope your summer is slightly more relaxing, but just as much fun as mine!!

2 comments:

KellyLady said...

loved all the pics of camping...looks like you had a great time! Glad we could visit for a bit while I was down!

Cheryl said...

Wow where did you guys get those ice cream cones. I gotta get me one of those. Looks so good.