Saturday, May 14, 2011

Catch Up #4: TJ's Birthday








My little man turned 4 this year! It has gone SO quickly! He is a little obsessed with Angry Birds, so we decided to have an Angry Birds party!


Really, I wanted to keep things pretty simple, so I got some decoration ideas from here . They turned out super cute and the kids loved them!



I took a bunch of boxes and used them as bricks, ect and the kids tossed balls at them to knock the pig balloons off. They loved it, but I forgot to take pictures! I also forgot to take pictures of the pig pinata we made. It was the toughest pinata EVER!! Not to make, but to break! The kids were hilarious, though. They kept encouraging each other and all started chanting "Kill the pig" over and over! I couldn't find black balloons, so I used the black bird template as treat bags. I also took some foam easter eggs, feathers, googly eyes and other assorted crafty stuff and the kids made their own birds. (Again, no pictures. I kind of suck at remembering to take pictures!)I made cupcakes for desert and, I must tell you, I was SUPER lazy when it came to the cupcakes! I wanted to make birds to go on top, but had no desire to take the time to make them out of fondant. And I knew the kids wouldn't like the taste of them. So, while at the local bulk store gathering ideas, I found individually wrapped rice krispie squares 10 for $1.99. I know its ridiculously easy to make rice krispie squares, but with all the renos and feeling so sick and life, ect. I was looking for ANYTHING to make it easier! So with some rice krispie squares, an egg cookie cutter and some dipping chocolate, I made these...TJ and his friends loved them....And so did Myles the next day, when he found the left overs the next day!!

3 comments:

KellyLady said...

cute!!!!

Lisha said...

So fun! Even your laziness puts my creativity to shame. Just remember that next time you think you're slacking :)

Maureen said...

I love you! I miss you tons and reading these makes it all worse, since I'm so far away. I'm so excited for June 30th!! Then I can actually meet Myles. Keep up the excellent posts.