Saturday, May 14, 2011

Catch Up #6: Everything Else!

Ok, so this post is a mish mosh of many of the other things I wanted to post about, but didn't get around to it! Sorry if its really hard to follow my ramblings!

First off, yummy food! Quite a while ago, Rhonda posted about a desert she made (sorry, I'm way to lazy to track down her recipe right now!!) I took a few liberties with it and changed some things to make some delicious caramel peach napoleons! Oh, they were divine!


They were really easy too! Bake some puff pastry that has a little bit of melted butter spread on it and some sugar sprinkled on it. After it cools, top with whipped cream and caramelized peaches. (While your pastry is baking, caramelize peaches with some brown sugar and butter in a skillet.) Top with another piece of pastry, sprinkle with icing sugar and drizzle with caramel sauce. Enjoy!



Next topic of discussion: a sewing project. I was in Great Falls quite a while ago looking at one of my favorite stores (Ross) and I found a super cute dress for only $5!! However, because I'm tall, their short dresses are never long enough! I decided, though, that it would make a super cute maternity top with a few alterations.


Before:


Front view (yes, I am aware at how painfully hideous my bathroom is!)


Side ViewAfter


Front Side


What do you think?


Finally, TJ got to play a little bit of soccer this year and he loved it! They didn't have a team for his age, but they did a week long camp. It was quite hilarous to watch him. Sometimes, he was right in there, but often he was off in his own little world! His "coach" Coach Spike, was great and TJ was really sad when it was all done! They held it in the ice arena and now any time we drive by, he talks about his soccer camp!

They played a game at the end of every day. In this one, Coach Spike was "Shrek" and he had all the soccer stuff. They kids had to get it from him while he was sleeping, but when he woke up, they had to freeze, no matter what he did! TJ was pretty awesome at staying frozen! Spike was hanging cones on his fingers and ears and TJ didn't even budge!





Off in la la land.





2 comments:

KellyLady said...

the dessert made my mouth water, the shirt is super cute, and kid soccer is always great!

Maureen said...

love the food and the shirt. I love that shade of green, but unfortunately for me, it makes me look like death. I'm excited to see you!!!