Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

{1} I took a brief hiatus from blogging.  Not because I wanted to, but because life was so crazy busy that I barely had time to breathe. I missed it.

{2} TJ turned 5 a few weeks ago. Holy cow. We had a weekend of birthday insanity.  It was great. I'll post all about it later, but for now, a picture or two to tide you over...

{3} James graduated! I'm so proud of him and all the hard work he has put in over the past few years!

This picture cracks me up
Sadly, one of the best pictures I got of James all day...
{4} Speaking of James, he got a job!  Unfortunately, its in Calgary.  For now, we are not moving because most jobs in corrections start as casual.  He's getting full time hours, but they're not guranteed, so we're not quite at that point.

At the dinner he organized for his class
{5} Again, speaking of James, anyone know someone in Calgary who has a room for rent?

{6} I'm feeling like my house is never going to be done. I need at least one more day a week.

{7} I had SO much to do today, but instead, I snuggled my kids and watched a movie with them.  It was fabulous.  I am so greatful for the opportunity I have to be a mother.

{8} I don't understand some people. Especially parents who have no regard for how their actions affect their children.  Even if children are adults, it still causes stress when parents act like idiots.

{9} On Monday, I stayed home ALL DAY for the first day in over a month!!  It was glorious!  I made homemade soup, buns and brownies for the ladies I visit teach (one was sick and one's mother in law just passed away) got a TON of cleaning done (still oodles to do!), washed, dried and folded 12 loads of laundry (it may or may not be sitting in baskets ready to be put away...) and had Family Home Evening.  So good!

We went for sushi after James' convocation. Myles LOVED it! (I know the picture is horrible, but you try and get him to sit still...)
 {10} I'm feeling a serious need to be crafty.  So many projects, so little time!

3 comments:

KellyLady said...

good to have you back! And if you manage to get an extra day a week please let me in on the secret! I won't tell anyone else I promise!

Maureen said...

I'm glad you're back too. I love reading your blog.

Maureen said...

I'm glad you're back too. I love reading your blog.