Thursday, February 9, 2012

Gratitude Challenge Week 2

 All photos courtesy of Crystal Wilkerson

This weeks challenge was great for me.  I have been trying for a while to focus on the more positive aspects in my life, but it's hard and this was a great reminder!  And may I just say, at first five minutes seems like it will take forever, but then your brain gets going and its easy!

 Ok here is my five minute list:

James
TJ
Myles
Kezia
My house (even though I complain about it, it could be much worse.  We could have nowhere to live at all!)
That James has the opportunity to go to school
That James is loving school and doing well at it
We have food in our house
That all of my children are healthy
That I was blessed to have 3 little miracles
My Dad
Terry (he makes me smile daily!)
The amazing friends I get to be surrounded by!
My Dad's willingness to watch our kids if James and I need to go on a date
The opportunity to do something I love (selling shoes and sewing)
The wonderful examples that were set for me growing up
How wonderful and supportive James is
How willing James is to let me follow my passions
Parent Preschool
That TJ loves preschool so much
The ability to read, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't
My Calling
My musical abilities
My sister Jessica and how close we have gotten
Adi
My great extended family
My Grandma (I really miss her)
That James is close to graduation and has a couple good leads on jobs
The wonderful people who have been so willing to help us with our renovations
The simple things (Christal was talking about this at preschool yesterday and its so true!  I love things like playing games with my boys or when my house is clean or when my kids crawl into bed with James and I and say "aren't you hungry?" and then James and I, who are laying on either side of them, say "I am a little, I would really love a (insert name of whatever kiddo is between us) sandwhich" and then we squish them between us!  Its a game my parents used to play with me and my sisters and my kids love it as much as I did!)

I can think of way more, but the timer is going so I'm stopping there!  Try it, its great!

2 comments:

Christal said...

I love this list and challenge might have to give it a try you are amazing!! Love the quote too! and really the simple things are the best there are so many things we wish we could be and do and have but looking around sometimes its nicer to sit back and enjoy the simple things cause it means we are blessed in ways we don't think we are sometimes there is good in every situation somehow someway right!

Lisha said...

so fun! I might have to steal this idea for my blog. and I also love that you sell shoes :)