Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm a planner.  A list maker.  Maybe a little OCD.  I love planners.  I wasn't super thrilled with the one I had last year, so starting September, I began looking for a new one.  I tried one from Clean Mama Printables and it had some good aspects, but I didn't like that it fit in a big binder.  It wasn't easy to carry with me.  By December, I decided I needed a more portable planner (yes, I know I have and iPhone 4s, but technology and I rarely get along.  I'm trying, but I still don't have it mastered!)  I was on the hunt.  I wanted it to be cute and functional.  After many hours of searching, I came across this on pinterest (yay pinterest!)

image from here


I love it. It fits in my purse and it has all sorts of fabulous stuff with it. One of the fabulous things that came with it is the 30 Day Gratitude Challenge. She has collected 30 different quotes and then a journaling challenge along with each quote. I've decided to make it a 30 week rather than 30 day. Really give myself time to think! I may not blog all of my answers as they're pretty personal. In fact, I may end up not blogging many. But that's not the point. The point is I want to be more aware of my blessings. And this will help! So here goes!

Gratitude Challenge #1


Journal Challenge



This one is really challenging for me at this time. I feel like the last 10+ years have been so full of drama and trials that its hard to distinguish where one begins and another ends. (I've said countless times I should write a soap opera based on my life!) I know I've learned some things from them, but I'm sure hoping that what I've got so far isn't all I'm getting out of these doozies! But I'm trying. I especially love that last paragraph. I often feel guilty for not getting all "what am I supposed to learn from this" in the midst of some trials. But I don't need to feel guilty. I don't have to be grateful right now. I just have to determine to work on being grateful someday. And in the meantime, look for the joy in the other areas of my life. I kind of love that thought.



So, there you go. Week #1. Want to join in? Let me know! If you want to, I can try and figure out how to add one of those things where you can add your link. I may have to bribe someone smarter than me with brownies, but I'd do it! Even if you don't want to join in, try and spend more energy looking for the joy in your life this week!


6 comments:

LindsayB said...

tisha! all this blogging is awesome! my blogs are just useless information...but you are in with the real deal here, i like it.

Tisha said...

Lol! Thanks!!

Just Rhonda said...

Hey I got that planner too (but I still have to get a binder to put it in!!) Love it too!

Tisha said...

I just wish it had a monthly calendar!

Mandy said...

where do you get your journal promts? They are awesome.

Tisha said...

They came with the planner that I bought! You can go to www.crystalwilkerson.com but I don't know if you can just get the gratitude quotes.