Monday, February 27, 2012

Mommy Monday...Memories

Clearly, last week was a total bust on keeping up with my new schedule.  And honestly, I don't even have many good reasons.  I was busy, but no busier than usual.  Mostly, I just wasn't by my computer too much and it takes so long to type things on my phone!  But, whats done is done and now to move on!

I've been having a bunch of random thoughts on memories lately, so here they are!

{1} Making memories is something that is so important to me.  I have some really great memories of my childhood and most of them weren't ones that cost a lot of money.  (Don't get me wrong, Disneyland was awesome and I will take my kids there someday, but its not like that's the only memory I have!)  I love taking time to look back on those memories and remember the good times my family had.  Especially now that things are so messed up in our family. 

{2} I find it hard to balance things that need to be done, like cleaning, meals, ect. with things I want to do.  Often, the want to do things get pushed aside to make time for things that need to/should get done.  The problem is that too often spending time with my kids gets put on the want to do list and not the need to do list.  The biggest reason is that I'm not a "sit on the floor and play with your kids" kind of mom.  I love doing things like baking or crafts or going for walks with them.  And those things are usually things that take more time and planning.  And I try to plan time for it, but, as all mom's know, plans rarely go the way you want them to! I meed to get better at seizing opportunities to put down the broom and pick up my kids.

{3} I want to get back to preserving my memories.  I love scrapbooking and its been a very long time since I've done any!  Now that my craft room is almost finished, I really want to get back to it!  I'd also love to learn more about digital scrapbooking.  Anyone have any suggestions on really great tutorials or programs?  Keep in mind that I'm technologically retarded.

{4} Speaking of capturing memories, I'm REALLY wanting a DSLR camera.  Not to become a professional photographer, but to improve the quality of my pictures.  I know I have to wait until James has a job to buy one, but I'm a researcher and like to plan ahead. Any suggestions?  Ones to stay away from?  Again, keep in mind that even the simplest point and shoot has gotten the best of me, so this is a huge step!!

I had planned on taking a couple pictures of kiddos having fun today and doing a little questionnaire, but I'm feeling like I'm getting sick again, so there wasn't much fun happening today.


1 comments:

KellyLady said...

glad you're back!