Monday, February 13, 2012

Mommy Monday

I found this quote the other day on pinterest and it spoke to my heart.


 After everything that happened with Kezia, our doctor STRONGLY recommended that we not get pregnant again. This was really hard for me to hear.

James and I started our marriage thinking that having our own biological children was an extremely minute possibility. We planned on adoption when the time was right and I had made my peace with that. (or at least as much as anyone can. You really never fully accept it or stop feeling "broken". At least I didn't.) Then a miracle happened and TJ came along. He was followed by two more miracles. Each pregnancy was horrible and included lots of doctor ordered bed rest. Myles' delivery was the only one that didn't involve me hemorrhaging.

Once I knew that I could have children, I just assumed that I would have that "I'm done" feeling when the time came. I don't have that feeling. I don't feel strongly that we need to have more either. But being told I need to be done has taken a while for me to accept. I spent a lot of time crying, but I realize now I need to spend more time being grateful for the miracles I was given and less time crying that I don't get to have that again. I am eternally grateful for the the chance that I have to raise 3 amazing little munchikins.  And who knows, maybe someday adoption will be part of our plans again.

0 comments: